6 articles for kickstart wordpress plugin development
I have collected some of the wordpress plugin development related articles recently, because i m planning to work on some wordpress plugin from scratch and the last time i develop a WordPres plugin is 3~4 year ago. After all these years , lots of changes happen on the WordPress core, i need these articles to guide me through.
- Before you start the development, make sure you understand the top 10 characteristics of a great WordPress plugin .
- Understand the whole plugin development process and follow the top 10 tips for WordPress plugin developers .
- Every resource you need to know before you start – The Ultimate Guide to Building a WordPress Plugin
- Start by something simple – Anatomy of a WordPress Plugin
- Follow by something more advanced – Create a Custom WordPress Plugin From Scratch .
- Last , don’t miss the Writing a Plugin from the WordPress’s Codex
Once your plugin is ready , you can follow these steps to host your plugin at WordPress plugin directory, if writing the readme is something difficult for you , just make use of readme generator will do.