10 things about Rework Labs 2015
It’s been five years since I started Rework Labs. I have mix feeling on this day. I m proud that I did survive as a freelancer for five years already, but at the same time, I m shame on myself unable to expand it to a bigger scale.
I did hire some part-time staff at one point, but it didn’t work out. The company is good enough for one person but hardly expand to a team. I m planning to do some changes this year and hopefully, can improve the current situation.
These are the ten important things for Rework Labs in 2015.
- Total revenue remains the same but with better profit due to less outsource.
- 15% of income are monthly recurring which mainly come from WordPress site maintenance.
- I have fixed 2 hacked WordPress site this year.
- Build and maintain one of e-commerce website with 200k page view and S$20k sales ( Dec 2015 ).
- Maintain one of the websites that running on 500k page view per month.
- Build & Upgrade 3 Laravel 5 projects. It’s a Laravel year for me.
- One of the maintain sites has been unfriendly take over without being inform. I can choose to keep quiet and continue to invoice the company, but I leave.
- I make a mistake to give an enormous discount for an e-commerce website in the hope that will get the multi-country project. In the end, the project has been awarded to another vendor.
- Since Linode open their SG data center, I have been consolidating all my server to them.
- After 5 years, finally Rework Labs has an official logo.