Rework Labs Report October 2014
I have a short trip end of September , at the same time there is a project need to go live too , so it is miserable and I really hope that the same thing not going to happen again, anyway I m glad that I went through it and hopefully what has happen will make me stronger.
So what happen on October ?
Freelance – continue the startup project on Laravel 4, planning for another project still struggle between Laravel 4 or Laravel 5 and helping my staff on 2 WordPress project and another Laravel membership project.
Learn – the new Laravel 5 , it is pretty interesting to see all the changes, while feeling painful for the upgrade, I have 3 Laravel 4 project this year and mostly will need to continue support until next year, need to schedule how should I integrate with the new Laravel.
Enquiry & Deal – 4 Enquiry , 2 confirm 1 pending and 1 rejected , checking what’s on my hand I guess this year can’t take in any more project.
- I have pause using Slack for internal tools, still planning how to position this tool within a team, it’s been under utilize for the past few month.
- I have change the way I monitor a WordPress site , instead of monitor the homepage, I monitor the login part, because the homepage is cached so it doesn’t let you know when the site having problem.
- It seem like Divi theme is having problem with ServerPilot setup, I have done some tweak on it and will continue monitor it.
- Asana now encourage you to do project status update weekly, I really like the feature , at least it provide a summary update on how the project goes.
- Current looking a way to better manage our WordPress project.
- Gitgo – private Git hosting that charging based on storage, Github is good but it charge per repo, I have some smaller WordPress repo will be going to cost me a bomb , if i put it on Github.