Google DevFest Singapore 2010
I just attend my first Google event last friday , the Google DevFest Singapore. This is my second geek event this year , I am looking forward for this , I will blog about the different between this 2 geek event on my next post, this post will be just summarize the DevFest only.
The event kick start with Google Maps API by Daniels Lee , the poor guy was coughing during the presentation.
- Google Maps API v3.0 Presentation done by HTML5 – this link to the manila talk , the Singapore talk keep crash my chrome , it seem like due to some HTML5 feature.
- Where is coffee ? – the application that demo in the presentation which allow user share the great coffee and rate it.
After Google Maps API presentation and 10 min break , the next HTML5 presentation done by Jeremy Orlow.
- HTML 5 Presentation done by HTML5 – a very interesting slide about HTML5 , show case lots of HTML5 feature.
- HTML5 Rocks – a HTML5 topic focus site done by Google.
- HTML5 Video Destruction – you won’t believe this done by HTML5
- HTML5 Video real time ascii conversion – another impressive video effect done by HTML5
- Google Buzz API Presentation – not just about Google Buzz , Timothy actually talk about how the social work , oauth and activity streams too.
After the buzz buzz , lunch time started with some boring lunch box, there is this guy approach me when I queue up for Starbuck, we just have a short chat on what we think about the event so far, but I m a bit shy on these kind of social thing , after my coffee ready and I just make a move first, sorry pal.
The presentation continue once every one come back from back from lunch, it start with Jeremy Orlow again on Google Chrome Developer Tools, I would say this is really an eye opener and I really understand why firebug never migrate over to Chrome, because Chrome itself already contain a very powerful debugging tools , the only thing I wish will be edit the style sheet and you can see it on the fly ( now every changes you need to enter ). I can’t really find the presentation for this but I think the pdf on Google IO is quite good enough
- Google Apps – the one allow you use Gmail and other google service for your own domain.
- Google Apps Marketplace – a market place that allow developer selling their application/service that tie to Google service
2 company pitched when Patrick talking about Google Apps Marketplace.
Patrick continue his presentation on some other new Google product.
- Google App Engine – why is this only for Python and Java ? can we have this for PHP ?
- Google Storage – direct compete with Amazon S3 ?
- Google Prediction API
The last part of the day is the Code Lab session
- Google Maps API Code Lab
- Google Buzz API Code Lab
This pretty much include all the links for devfest and there is this last link, @stephliu is asking for feedback for Google Devfest SG , please provide them feedback to improve the next event. Please leave a comment if I miss out any links.