5 steps after getting your VPS
I blog about some VPS+cPanel experience before , recently i getting VPS without control panel and i going to share some of my experience. The first 5 steps once you getting your vps
- Make sure you can login the VPS by SSH , by default it should run on port 22
- Create another user, you shouldn’t use root account all the time.
- Change mysql root password, most of the time it come with default password which is no password
- Configure your source list, some ubuntu server by default without the source list, you can make use of this source list generator – don’t forget the location should set on where the server locate, not where you stay.
- Last running this command to update the server
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade