How to sync ?
This is a continue post of What to sync , just want to share some of solutions that i tried, i m trying to get the whole thing done without extra cost or below $30.
My original idea is using Gcal ( Google Calendar ) as the main , i sync my work calendar from office outlook to Gcal, my mobile ( 3G ) and my palm ( WIFI ) sync direct to Gcal too, for home pc i can open to different solution like thunderbird, outlook or some other application to sync with Gcal.
For sync Outlook with Gcal
- gyncit – it’s only $9.99 USD, but i can’t get it work on outlook XP, the trial version is annoying by keep popup the register windows
- syncmycal – $25 USD , working on outlook 2003 & outlook 2007, the trial version not allow scheduler sync and only allow you to sync before 3 and after 3 day appointment – my pick !
- remote calendar – open source solution , working on outlook 2003 only
Since outlook XP got so many limitation, i was thinking maybe i can switch to Thunderbird ? anyway thunderbird support Gcal quite well . But my first problem will be – how am i going to sync with my phone ? Windows Mobile is by default work with outlook, but i found these
Sync Thunderbird with Windows Mobile
It seem like no choice i better stay on outlook, unless i can get FinchSync work and i can get thunderbird to sync with my palm !
# outlook 2007 support subscribe to ical, which mean you can view the Gcal on your outlook. But its only one way, i was thinking to use Gcaldaemon for outlook 2007 to be able write on Gcal but fail !
Some other Desktop Solutions that work with Gcal
- Calgoo – currently beta, allow to sync with outlook and allow to sync with gcal but it can sync one calendar with this 2 at the same time
- Rainlendar -$15 EUR , if you want to be able to sync with outlook and network share calendar, it seem like can combine of Gcaldaemon with FinchSync to get Windows Mobile and Gcal work together
Some mobile syncing for my phone & pda
- Oggsync – $29.95 yearly , if you need the default calendar mapping and scheduler sync feature, this is for windows mobile only
- GooSync – $19.95 Eur yearly,if you need multiple calendar support, it is something like a web service, which you can configure through the web based, tons of device is supported
- Gcalsync – open source , running on jvm, which i always cannot get it work on my palm & mobile
- Gmobilesync – free , but i can’t get it work also, for windows mobile only
- SyncMyCal Mobile – $25, yes it’s the same tools for outlook sync with Gcal, same condition apply without register or plus minus 3 day appointment can be sync.