5 Black Friday WordPress Premium Plugins Shopping Tips
As a WordPress Freelancer, I need to buying premium plugins very often. Sometimes I will get the premium plugins from 3rd party marketplaces, where they offer a flat rate to access all kind of premium plugins without support.
The marketplace like this allow me to test out these premium plugins without purchase first, ultimately if the plugins meet my need, I will still buying the license from the official plugin sites.
How to support the plugin developer without burning a hole on my development budget? By fully utilize the Black Friday Promo.
1. Plan your plugin purchase up front
You should plan what plugins you going to buy. I plan what plugins I am going to buy six months before and doing my research. Sometimes I able to download from some 3rd party market to test it first to make sure the plugin is meet my need.
2. Purchase those you need it, not good to have
Sometimes when you see some plugins is slashing 40~60% during Black Friday period, you might just think I should purchase first and think how to use it later. Those plugins usually end up without usage, waste of money. I have bought 2~3 plugins last year that I didn’t have a chance to use it.
3. List down and compare
Don’t just rush in and purchase once you see the offer is up, the Black Friday promo usually will start from Friday until Monday. You should note down all the plugins and the discount price and doing a comparison. Sometimes some plugins are doing cross promotion; you might be able to get two plugins with cheaper price.
4. Find out about Black Friday Promo
- Subscribe to the plugin’s newsletter, you will get this promo code ready in your email.
- Check out on those WordPress news site like WPBeginner, they will have a consolidated post on all the promo.
- Check out the plugin’s Twitter, they will promote the discount they are offering.
- Check out the plugin’s blog, they will do a cross promotion with other plugins. For example, Elegant Theme is doing a cross promotion with CSS Hero.
5. Schedule the renewal date around Black Friday period
For example if you purchase plugins from Woocommerce, Easy Digital Download these big brands, when you doing your annually renew with 40~50% discount, you can use the Black Friday promo on top it, this can save lots of money.