VPS Experience – 1
Its been 5 day since my last post, this is getting bad ..
i been spending quite some time on my VPS for the past few day , testing some account , getting some user to test up, migrate some user over from the US account, need to do some basic secure and tweaks, its a bit like the old day when i need to handle my own dedicated server ( argh which i waste quite a bit of $$ ) but because now i using a common control panel, which having lots of resource on the web, so far still managable .
- Changing hostname – once you changes your vps hostname, your WHM SSL cert might still using your old host name, to make it display as new hostname, you need to restart the VPS.
- Upgrade through WHM – i just found out that my new VPS is only on PHP4.2, by using the WHM – Apache Update feature, i can just choose the latest PHP4.4 + the module i need , don’t forget to select Gzip Module althought it mention experimental
- Install Zend Optimizer and eAccelerator, a proper step by step guide from ASO , althought the guide is demo 0.9.3 eAccelerator, but its work on 0.9.4 also.
- some of the user mention that its seem like the same when they just migrate from the US server, but after gzip module is turn on , Zend and eAccelerator is in place, they can feel the this new VPS is faster
- i having “named” failure when i create new account, it seem like the bind service report some error, just run /scripts/fixndc to fix this issue.
Some other info to share