Self Host ? or Hosted ? for your blog post’s image
I have prepare some work for my long holidays, one of the things i been thinking about is shall i self host my blog post image ? or shall i use some hosted service ?
When i first started my blog, all the image that i post in my blog , is self host on the same hosting server, it does use up partial of your host bandwidth but at the same time, it bring you some visitors also. After some time , i decided to use some hosted service for my blog post image and i subscribed Flickr
My reason getting hosted service is because
- reduce my bandwidth usage
- through flickr service might be able to bring in more traffic
- no need to worry about hotlink
- flexible, i can just make use the same image on different platform
Since i become flickr pro, half of my image is still self host ( no time to migrate ) and the other half is hosted by flickr. After one year, it’s almost time to renew my flickr service and i m trying to measure is there a need to renew ? just for this blog post purpose ? Google still bring in visitor for my self host image, but i not sure is flickr bring in extra traffic ?
some site that i found for reference
- How to get traffic from image search engine ?
- Image hosting, what is the best option ?
Share with me which method are you using and why ?