My favourite web services 2014
It’s a bit funny that still review 2014 at this time , but the ideas suddenly pop up that i would like to record down the web services I been using in 2014, the last time I did was in 2010.
so here’s the list , lots of them is web services as core with multi platform sync.
- Gmail – I still using it as my primary mail service for both personal and work, although I have a Fastmail account. I use Airmail to sync it on my Mac.
- Evernote – I just renew the premium , Evernote has been continuing improve and I unable to follow all the latest changes, but I using heavily for anything I need to note down.
- Sunrise Calendar , I m still using Google Calendar for appointment, but now I will feed all my ical feed to Sunrise, it allow fetch ical from multiple services that I m using , so it has been my favourite calendar services/app 2014.
- Todoist – I use Todoist before when it first launch, but didn’t stay for long, but this year I been pretty much in love with it and use it for all my tasks, the Karma feature did some how encourage me to check off those task from my list.
- Asana – Project management that I use for my team , it’s serve my team pretty well and I normally port task that assigned to me over Todoist through Zapier.
- Trello – I use this at the beginning for project management , but switch over to Asana after find it there is no overview across different projects, but I still remaining using it for brain storming and tracking some goal.
- Laravel Forge & Server Pilot – this 2 has been help me a lot for server deployment, I use forge for Laravel based app and Server Pilot for WordPress based app.
- Digital Ocean & Linode – my only choices for VPS , anything need to be in Singapore, I will be using DO, anything outside of Singapore, I will be using Linode.
- Feedbin – my rss reader, although most of the time I m using Reeder on mac to sync all the feed, but can’t deny it all based on the Feedbin running well at the backend.
- Github – for all my code repo , but I still find it expensive to go for bigger plan or organization plan , might be go to Gitlab this year.
- Screenhero – my favourite tools to communicate with clients & team, it allow me to show them the website feature or they can report the bug by demo to me, base on my usage, I would hope that it can be 50% cheaper.
- Slack – my favourite tools for internal communication , but since my team is small, some time it looks a bit meaningless to use this to communicate, but it serve another purpose that consolidate all kind of info from different services to me.