Annotate the web – Webnotes
I been research on web2.0 tools that allow me to annotate web page for the past few week, the main reason of this is because i have some technical web site, i would like to read and able to make some note on it, webnotes is one of the tools i been evaluate and testing for a while.
Some of the webnotes features that i like
- Clean interface – compare to diigo, i would say i quite happy with webnotes interface, clean and clear
- Simple idea – the product itself is very focus and simple, didn’t try to add some strange social feature in ( which is currently the trends )
- Multiple highlight color – it allow you to choose multiple color to highlight the text, which is a unique feature compare to the rest of the similar product.
- Friendly UI – after click on the highlight button , once you highlight anything a small box will show that allow you to change color,delete it or view it on your account
- more then 1 way to annotate – it provide bookmarklet and firefox addon to make use of webnotes feature.
- Publisher feature – allow you to share your research in either HTML or PDF.
the only one thing that i don’t really like it is the way it handle listing content.
Currently when i highlight a paragraph of listing content like this
but after i save this and view it in my publisher , i prefer it still able to show in listing form
other then this i think more export way by publisher should be provided ? example by rss feed or email. Currently i still have 10 beta invite, leave your email here if you want the invite.