Tips for Mac Boot Campers
Just now i was having some situation when helping my gal configure her macbook and even need to reinstall the mac osx , which i never done it on my imac before, just some of tricks that i learn druing the macbook rescue process.
- When you select partition to install windows xp through the bootcamp, just select C drive and install will do, ignore the rest. ( i was accidenyly remove the mac booting partition and cause the mac unable to boot into system)
- When you can’t load in your Mac and there are cd stuck inside, just hold the mouse button when you start the machine, it will eject the cd out.
- When you thinking of reinstall the Mac through the installation DVD, don’t forget to press “C” when you start the machine, this will force it boot from the drive.
- after you boot into the installation interface, there are disk utility that allow you to fix your partition.
- If your partition is quite messy , just remove all the partition and create the new one and the new partition should be in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format.
- Once your windows installation is done, put int the Mac OS installation CD again , this will allow you to install windows driver.